Fawn: DIY Robin Eggs

Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

DIY Robin Eggs





Hello!
Easter will be here before you know it and I have a fun  Easter project to share with you today. Robin eggs are a sure sign of spring and I thought what better way to bring the sunny outdoors in, than with beautiful  blue speckled eggs. 

I used the ever-so-versatile DIY Wonderful Wood Eggs from Oriental Trading Company. They're the perfect base for the project. I've read tutorials to make speckled eggs using plastic eggs but I love that these eggs are made of wood. The paint goes on smoother and you don't have to paint nearly as many coats to get the right amount of coverage. 

Directions:
Paint the wooden eggs in Seafoam blue and allow to completely dry. 
Dab a toothbrush in brown paint and using your thumb, flick the bristles all over the egg until you receive the speckled look.  Allow to dry.
And that's it! Pretty simple. :)

They'd make a beautiful addition to your Easter brunch table or put them in a vase with moss and pebbles.  The possibilities are endless with these pretty little eggs. 




Supplies used:
Paint- Delta Creamcoat in Seafoam 
Brown acrylic paint
Foam brush
Toothbrush

This review is based strictly on my opinion. I was provided the sample free of charge by Oriental Trading Company to provide my honest review. No other type of compensation was received. All ideas and opinions are my own.  

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the spring like colors on your blog. And seeing painted robin eggs made me think of an early Spring and the robins were on our front lawn a few days ago.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete